The consequences of the accident at the enterprise are named.
The explosion at Rivneazot took place on July 20. The State Environmental Inspection carried out measurements in soils near the level of nitrates, reports with reference to.
And it turned out that the norm was exceeded dozens of times. Samples for analyzes were taken at 11 sites.
Explosion at “Rivneazot”: the region has a dangerous level of nitrates in the soil
The State Ecological Inspectorate examined the soil by analyzing samples from 11 sites with an area of 100 square meters. They did this because of the accident at the Rivneazot plant, which occurred on July 20 and caused a resonance in society.
The head of the State Environmental Inspection of Ukraine, Andriy Malevany, said on Facebook that samples were taken twice:
- Immediately after the release of pollutants from the plant.
- And the day after the accident.
To make the results indicative, samples were taken on soil plots taking into account the movement of the emission cloud.
Conclusion of laboratory tests
In most of the samples taken, an excess of indicators of nitrates and ammonium nitrogen was recorded. Namely:
- Near “Rivneazot” – in nitrates by 10 times.
- Exactly, Soborna Street – 1.3 times for ammonium nitrogen and 1.8 times for nitrates.
- Village Zeleny Gai – 4.3 times in terms of nitrates.
- The village of Grushvitsa – 1.7 times in terms of nitrates.
- The village of Verkhovsk – 1.9 times in terms of nitrates.
- Village Gorodok – 1.8 times in terms of nitrates.
However, the indicators may also be related to the fact that the region did not properly conduct economic activities on the soils.