GENERICO.ruSportSharapova supported the decision of the WTA to suspend the tournaments in China

Sharapova supported the decision of the WTA to suspend the tournaments in China


MOSCOW, 6 Dec. Former first racket of the world Russian Maria Sharapova said which fully supports the decision of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) to suspend all sponsored tournaments in China due to the situation with Chinese tennis player Peng Shuai. “In fact, I was incredibly impressed with the way the WTA performed and took its position. Steve Simon doing the right thing was great. I first of all think about people, not business, and therefore I fully support the organization's decision, “CNBC quotes Sharapova. Previously, the WTA position on holding tournaments in China was supported by Russian tennis player Daniil Medvedev, saying that “The WTA has made a strong decision.” In early November, 35-year-old Peng Shuai on her Weibo account, according to media reports, accused former member of the Standing Committee of the Politburo of the CPC Central Committee, former Vice Premier of the PRC State Council, 75-year-old Zhang Gaoli, of being NS forced her to have sex and that they had a relationship for several years. This post was quickly deleted, the athlete's accounts also disappeared from the Chinese Internet and social networks, and the athlete stopped communicating. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) reported on November 21 that the organization's president, Thomas Bach, spoke with Peng Shuai via video link – she said that “she is all right.” On Wednesday, WTA head Steve Simon said the organization would immediately suspend all tournaments in China, including Hong Kong, due to the Peng Shuai situation. The China Tennis Association (CTA) on Thursday protested the decision. The IOC later reported that it had again contacted Peng Shuai via video call and confirmed that she was in good health and safe.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LATEST POSTS in this category