GENERICO.ruWorldSocial media posts deemed evidence of Russia's involvement in the MH17 case

Social media posts deemed evidence of Russia's involvement in the MH17 case


PARIS, Dec 21, Anastasia Ivanova. The Dutch prosecutor's office in court presented materials from social networks as evidence of the alleged involvement of the 53rd brigade of the Russian Armed Forces from Kurs in the crash of flight MH17 in eastern Ukraine. On Monday, hearings in the case of the plane crash resumed in the specially guarded complex of Schiphol. The session is broadcast on the court's website. The Dutch prosecutor's office began reading the indictment. Dutch prosecutor Birgit van Roussel, during a meeting on Tuesday, presented posts on the Internet as evidence of the alleged involvement of the 53rd Kursk brigade in the plane crash. So, she showed a screenshot of a message dated July 6, 2014 from a certain forum for mothers, where a woman writes that her son from the division of the 53rd brigade was sent to Rostov. The prosecutor's office also showed a photo of the woman's alleged son from his page on the VKontakte social network with the emblem of the 53rd brigade. Thus, the prosecutor's office again showed that it is building a line of accusation on unverified sources from the Internet. Previously, the Russian side drew attention to the fact that the investigation team for MH17 relied on unverified sources, ignoring the irrefutable evidence provided by the Russian Federation. So judge Dagmar Koster stated that the conclusions of the investigation that the Buk air defense missile system was delivered from Russia and then transported back were based on Ukrainian photo and video materials. The judge also reported that the investigation had viewed more than 500 videos and photos of “Buk”, “found on the Internet.” At the same time, the RF Ministry of Defense pointed out falsifications in the videos. The prosecutor said that witnesses saw the launch of the missile on the day of the MH17 crash For example, the video about the movement of the allegedly Russian Buk, which shot down the liner, across the territory of Ukraine is an animation based on a single photograph. At the same time, the investigation does not have a photo or video material of the alleged launch of the rocket. The trial of the crash of flight MH17 began in the Netherlands on March 9, 2020. Four defendants pass along it – Russians Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky, Oleg Pulatov and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. Pulatov is represented at the trial by an international group, the rest of the suspects are tried in absentia. On June 8, 2021, consideration of the case began on the merits. Boeing, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur on flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 near Donetsk. There were 298 people on board, all of whom were killed. The Dutch prosecutor's office declared the authenticity of the MH17 audio recordings Kiev immediately blamed the militia for the plane crash, but they said that they did not have the means to shoot down the plane at such an altitude. Ukraine refused to provide data from its radars, and the United States did not transmit satellite images to the investigation, where, as they claim, the moment of the launch of the rocket is visible. the documentation showing that the Buk missile missile that hit Boeing belonged to Ukraine, and it was launched from the territory controlled by Kiev, but this information was ignored by the investigators. At the same time, on the first day of the court session, the prosecution admitted that it had received and is studying data from the Russian prosecutor's office. The investigation was conducted by a joint investigation team (JIT) led by the Dutch prosecutor general's office without the participation of Russia. The investigation claims that Boeing was shot down from the Buk anti-aircraft missile system belonging to the 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade of the Russian Armed Forces from Kursk, from the territory controlled by the militias. jpg “/> Russian testimony was added to the MH17 case to balance the dossier. At the same time, the JIT rejected the testimony of two witnesses who said that they saw a missile launch from the direction of the village of Amvrosievka near Donetsk, where the Ukrainian armed forces (AFU) were stationed. The prosecution line is based solely on testimony anonymous witnesses. The defense of the accused in the case of the Russian citizen Pulatov said that this makes it difficult to assess the reliability of their testimony, but the Dutch prosecutor's office insists that anonymity is necessary for security reasons. is biased and one-sided.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LATEST POSTS in this category