Tokyo skylineTOKYO, Jan 14 Japanese Defense Minister Nobuo Kishi, commenting on North Korean missile launches, said that Tokyo «strongly condemns» such actions by Pyongyang, which are a violation of the provisions of UN Security Council resolutions. At 14.55 local time (08.55 Moscow time), Japan's Maritime Security Administration issued a warning about a possible missile launch from the DPRK. Five minutes later, there was a report that, presumably, a ballistic missile fired by North Korea had already fallen. In this regard, the department called on the courts to be careful and vigilant in the event of an unidentified object.In the DPRK, the Internet was turned off for several hoursAfter the alleged missile launch of the DPRK, a crisis headquarters was created at the office of Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida. In turn, the Kyodo news agency, citing sources in government circles, said that the prime minister ordered the responsible departments to act in three areas: to conduct a detailed analysis of the situation, including the security of air and sea transport, to inform people in detail and in a timely manner, and also take all necessary measures in case of unforeseen circumstances. In turn, the Joint Chiefs of Staff of South Korea reported that the DPRK launched two, presumably, short-range ballistic missiles from the province of Pyongan Pukto in an easterly direction. «The repeated missile launches of North Korea are a serious a problem for the entire international community, including Japan. We strongly condemn such actions, which violate the provisions of UN Security Council resolutions,» the minister said during a press conference broadcast by NHK. Kishi also added that according to the Japanese military, the projectile flew about 400 k kilometers, reaching a maximum height of 50 kilometers, and fell outside the exclusive economic zone of Japan. If the information about the North Korean missile launch is confirmed, this will be the third weapons test in a week. The last launch of the DPRK was made on January 11.South Korea announced the ability to intercept a missile tested by the DPRK
