View of Zaporozhye, Ukraine. Archival photoMOSCOW, Oct 20 — RIA Novosti. An air alert has been declared in Kyiv-controlled areas of the Zaporozhye region, Anatoly Kuteev, secretary of the regional military administration appointed by Kyiv, said on his Telegram channel.
"Urgent! Go to the hiding places closest to you and stay there!" — wrote Kuteev.
Today, Russian troops control about 75 percent of the Zaporozhye region. At the same time, the Armed Forces of Ukraine continue to be located in the regional center — the city of Zaporozhye. As Rogov previously told RIA Novosti, control over the entire administrative border will be established in the Zaporozhye region, there will be no Ukrainian army in the region. Since October 10, Russian armed forces have been attacking Ukrainian infrastructure from Kharkov and Kyiv to Lvov and Ivano-Frankivsk. The targets are energy, defense complex, military command and communications facilities. As a result, large-scale power outages are observed throughout the country.Serious damage to Ukraine's energy infrastructure has been announced in KievRussia has been conducting a military special operation to denazify since February 24 and demilitarization of Ukraine. Vladimir Putin called its task «the protection of people who have been subjected to bullying and genocide by the Kyiv regime for eight years.» According to the President, the ultimate goal of the operation is the liberation of Donbass and the creation of conditions guaranteeing the security of Russia itself. Russian forces in Ukraine