Go to Mediabank IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi . File photoWASHINGTON, Oct 26 IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi told RIA Novosti that he is waiting for a formal invitation to take part in the UN Security Council meeting on October 27 to raise the issue of establishing a security zone around the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant.» «Will I go there, will I be there. I need to get an invitation to the Security Council. If they invite me, I am always ready to provide the Council with the information it is interested in. I have already delivered briefings to the Security Council at least twice in the past year.» , — said Grossi on the sidelines of the IAEA ministerial conference «Nuclear Energy in the 21st Century» taking place in Washington. Earlier on Wednesday, speaking to the forum participants, the IAEA Director General announced that on October 27 he intends to discuss with the UN Security Council the issue of creating a security zone around the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant. of this, Grossi also commented on previously announced plans to visit Ukraine in the light of the disseminated information about the impending «dirty bomb» campaigns in that country. According to the head of the IAEA, he is in constant contact with both the Russian and Ukrainian sides. «I maintain a constant dialogue. As you know, I spoke with your president a few days ago, I also have regular discussions with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, as well as the head of Rosatom, Likhachev. In addition, I am in touch with the Ukrainian side. This is exactly what is expected from an impartial international organization — a dialogue with all parties, which is necessary to fulfill our mission,» the agency's interlocutor added.The Ministry of Defense assessed the possible consequences of Ukrainian shelling of the ZNPP
