MOSCOW, Nov 3 Russia believes Kyiv's creation ” “dirty bomb” is taking place not without the participation of Western curators, said Nikolai Patrushev, Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation.
“According to reports, work is underway in Ukraine to create a “dirty” nuclear charge. We believe that this process is not taking place without the participation of Western curators” , – Patrushev said on Thursday at a meeting of the secretaries of the Security Councils of the CIS countries in Moscow.
“In this regard, we express very serious concern about such an obviously dangerous situation, threatening, if it is not stopped, a world catastrophe,” he added.< br>
Chief of the Radiation, Chemical and Biological Defense Forces of the RF Armed Forces, Lieutenant-General Igor Kirillov, said earlier that the Russian Defense Ministry has information about Kyiv's plans to use a “dirty bomb” and blame Moscow for it. British and French Foreign Ministers James Cleverley and Catherine Colonna, as well as US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, said their countries rejected Russian claims that Ukraine is preparing to use the so-called “dirty bomb”.
The “dirty bomb” is a container with radioactive isotopes and explosive charge. When the charge is detonated, the container is destroyed, and the radioactive substance is sprayed by a shock wave, creating radioactive contamination of the area over large areas. As follows from the presentation of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, if Ukraine blows up a “dirty bomb”, radioactive isotopes will spread in the atmosphere at a distance of up to 1,500 kilometers and can cover Poland. jpg” />October 26, 19:35Infographic
“Dirty bomb”: device and consequences of its useInfographicView