GENERICO.ruВ миреVučić called December 11 the hardest day as Serbian president

Vučić called December 11 the hardest day as Serbian president

BELGRADE, Dec 11 Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic announced the results meeting of the Security Council that this Sunday was the most difficult day for him as head of state in the light of tensions in Kosovo and Metohija.

«Today — for me, at least — the hardest day since , as I am the President of the Republic of Serbia or the head of the government of Serbia, and probably the most difficult night is ahead. You saw a different atmosphere here, in the building (the residence of the President of Serbia),» he said on Radio and Television of Serbia.

Earlier in his address, the head of state said that the United States and the Kosovo Albanian authorities in Pristina do not comply with any of the previously signed agreements. In particular, we are talking about the Brussels and Washington agreements, as well as resolution 1244 of the UN Security Council and the Charter of the organization as a whole. The Serbian President added that the United States and the «authorities» of Kosovo act on the principle «we can do whatever and how much we want.»

Vučić also noted that, according to the UN decision, the NATO KFOR contingent must guarantee security for the Kosovo Serbs. He expressed the hope that the soldiers of the alliance will fulfill their mission, adding that otherwise, «everything will immediately become clear to Belgrade.»

The head of state also called on Serbs living in Kosovo and Metohija to refrain from conflicts with representatives of NATO and the EU Rule of Law Mission (EULEX). He warned that the Kosovo Albanian forces could commit a provocation and attack the contingent under the guise of protesters.

Vučić convened the Security Council after the premier of the self-proclaimed republic, Albin Kurti, called on the NATO KFOR contingent to remove the Kosovo Serb barricades from the roads in the north. At the same time, he threatened that in case of refusal by the command of the alliance, local security forces are ready to carry out the operation themselves.
Earlier today, members of the special unit of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the self-proclaimed Republic of Kosovo invaded and occupied a facility at the Gazivode dam, from which they removed Serbian flags and expelled a Serb guard. This is the main source of water and accumulation for the hydroelectric power station located there. Most of the lake is located in the predominantly Serb municipality of Zubin Potok, as are three other areas in the north of the province.

In turn, Vučić stated that official Belgrade would continue the fight over the issue of Kosovo and Metohija by all legal means. He stressed that Pristina should form a Community of Serb Communities (CSO) in accordance with the 2013 Brussels Agreement. The day before, he also said that Belgrade would send an official request to the NATO mission command for the distribution of the Serbian police and army contingent in Kosovo and Metohija. Vučić stressed that these actions are in line with UN Security Council resolution 1244.

The day before, Kosovo Serbs erected barricades on highways in the north of the province because of the detention by the Kosovo Albanian authorities of the former police officer of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the self-proclaimed republic, Dejan Pantic. Pantić, who, along with his colleagues, Serbian police officers from the Ministry of Internal Affairs in the north of the region, resigned in November, was detained on Saturday at the Yarine checkpoint when entering from Central Serbia on suspicion of «terrorism». tents to guard the barricades. The police of the self-proclaimed Republic of Kosovo, for their part, blocked the entrance to the region for cars and pedestrians from Central Serbia to the north of the region.

ОСТАВЬТЕ ОТВЕТ

Пожалуйста, введите ваш комментарий!
пожалуйста, введите ваше имя здесь

Последнее в категории