< br />
MOSCOW, 31 Aug. About the attempt of Ukrainian saboteurs to penetrate the territory of Russia, the course of the special operation and the meeting on military assistance to Kiev at the Ramstein airbase – in the material.
Ukrainian saboteurs in the Bryansk region
The security forces defeated the Ukrainian sabotage group in the Bryansk region, the FSB Public Relations Center reported. They specified that the militants planned to arrange a series of terrorist attacks in Russia.
According to the intelligence services, the sabotage group included employees of the SBU, as well as the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense and the Special Operations Forces of Ukraine.
Two militants were eliminated, five more were detained, three of them were injured. As noted in the FSB, each saboteur had an impressive arsenal with him: American machine guns with silencers, powerful explosive devices, a large number of NATO-style grenades and cartridges, and night vision devices.
The FSB operation was carried out in the Navlinsky district of the Bryansk region in cooperation with the National Guard and the Ministry of Internal Affairs. As a result of a clash with saboteurs, two National Guardsmen were injured, said the official representative of the department, Valery Gribakin.
Progress of the operation
- < li class="article_list-item">Kiev lost more than 400 soldiers per day in the Kupyansk and Donetsk directions, up to 100 in the Yuzhnodonetsk direction, up to 85 in Zaporozhye, more than 60 in Krasnolimansk, and up to 20 in Kherson.
- Russian troops repelled five enemy attacks in the Zaporozhye direction and two in the Krasnolimansky direction, and also hit the command post of the 72nd mechanized brigade of the Ukrainian army and a field training camp for the Ukrainian military in the DPR.
- The Russian military in the Slovyansk region in the Donetsk People's Republic destroyed one of the S-200 anti-aircraft missile systems that Kyiv uses for ground strikes.
- A MiG-31 fighter-interceptor escorted a Norwegian P-8A Poseidon patrol aircraft over the Barents Sea flying to the Russian state border.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine used munitions simulating explosions during the rotation of IAEA inspectors at the Zaporozhye NPP to discredit the Russian military, who ensured the safety of the inspectors. They managed to ensure the safe passage of the mission's observers and their delivery to the station, the Defense Ministry said.
- Russian air defense intercepted Ukrainian aircraft-type drones in the Bryansk and Moscow regions. According to local authorities, there were no casualties or damage.
- The Federal Air Transport Agency noted that the Pskov airport, which was closed the day before after a drone attack, resumed work without restrictions from 7:00 Moscow time on Thursday.
- Acting regional governor Yevgeny Balitsky said that two assault groups of the Armed Forces of Ukraine attempted to break through the defense line on the outskirts of the village of Verbove, Zaporozhye region, and were destroyed.
- At 15:45, Ukrainian troops fired three incendiary rockets from the MLRS into the regions of Donetsk, the DPR representative office at the Joint Center for Control and Coordination of Issues Related to War Crimes of Ukraine (JCCC) reported. .
In the world
The next meeting on military assistance to Ukraine will be held at the Ramstein air base September 19, the German news agency dpa reported. It is specified that, as in previous times, representatives of non-NATO countries will also be invited to the meeting.
Ankara hopes for the resumption of the Black Sea grain initiative and is making active efforts for this, Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan said on Thursday . According to him, this agreement was one of the main topics at the talks with his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov in Moscow.
< br />