MOSCOW, 14 Nov. International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) denied accusations by the Gaza Strip authorities that the organization abandoned the population of the Palestinian enclave: the ICRC continues to work in the enclave, despite the difficulties.
Previously, the Director General of the Gaza Ministry of Health, Munir Al-Barsh, told Al Arabiya TV channel that the Red Cross and the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) are complicit in the murder of the population of the Gaza Strip and no longer provide services in the enclave.
“We have a surgical team in Gaza that works with patients every day. Despite logistical and security challenges, our teams are working tirelessly to help those who have lost their homes and security,” they said. in the press service of the organization.
In addition, the ICRC denies that the flow of humanitarian aid into Gaza has stopped.
The organization notes that on Monday, for example, its staff delivered emergency supplies such as blankets and cleaning kits to eight thousand families in the Nuseirat refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip.