
BELGRADE, June 5 Russian Ambassador to Montenegro Vladislav Maslennikov confirmed to RIA Novosti that Podgorica refused in the flight of a Russian government aircraft in Montenegrin airspace on the eve of the expected visit to Serbia by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabic said on Sunday that President Aleksandar Vucic is forced to personally deal with the logistics of the visit of the Russian Foreign Minister scheduled for June 6-7 . She noted that the position of official Belgrade is further complicated by the fact that the visit of German Chancellor Olaf Scholz is expected on June 10, and the moment in foreign policy is such that «no one wants to talk to anyone, let alone listen.» «We confirm that Podgorica denied the passage of a Russian government aircraft in Montenegrin airspace,» Maslennikov said. On Monday, at 10.00 (11.00 Moscow time), a meeting was scheduled between Russian Ambassador to Serbia Alexander Bocan-Kharchenko and President Alexander Vucic, who had previously also stated that the situation with Lavrov's visit to Belgrade is getting more complicated. At 19.30 (20.30 Moscow time), the head of the Serbian state will address the citizens on this issue. According to the Serbian newspaper Vecherne Novosti, the leaders of Bulgaria, Montenegro and North Macedonia refused to let the plane of the Russian Foreign Minister through their airspace. The publication published a photo of the relevant document of the Montenegrin authorities.

