GENERICO.ruAutoVolvo will phase out all diesel cars in 2024

Volvo will phase out all diesel cars in 2024

“In a few months, the last diesel Volvo will be built, making Volvo Cars one of the first car manufacturers to take this step,” — says a statement from the Swedish company.

Volvo, which is majority owned by Geely, has committed to switching to 100% electric vehicles by 2030. Although back in 2019 the majority of Volvos sold in Europe were diesel, in 2022 sales of such cars accounted for just 8.9% of the Swedish automaker's total sales.

In August  33% of Volvo sales were all-electric or hybrid models. The company did not say how many of the remaining 67% internal combustion engine models were diesel and how many ran on gasoline.

Sales of diesel models declined rapidly in Europe following the oil fraud scandal. ;Volkswagen's emissions, and carmakers are gradually reducing the number of diesel models available in its line-up.

Diesel cars made up more than 50% of new car sales in Europe in 2015 but in  July they accounted for a little more than 14% of sales.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LATEST POSTS in this category